Best Egg Sandwich


I love egg sandwiches in every way shape or form. Mayo, cress, boiled, fried, red sauce, brown sauce... anything with eggs really. The one I love the most is a Syrian one I make. I borrowed a classic Syrian salad usually accompanies Kebab and I tweaked it a little. Add that to some soft boiled eggs and you have a great fresh tasting sandwich.

The word Kebab in Syria refer to the ground meat variety of kebab mixed with onions and parsley. Outside Syria this is more widely known with the Lebanese name "Kofta" or as the Lebanese pronounce it "Kafta". Back to Syria, this kebab is always served with an onion and parsley salad.

In my recipe I used tortilla wraps but it works equally well with other types of bread especially Arabic flat bread or the very thin Saj bread.

Here is my egg sandwich recipe:

Three eggs
Two tortilla wraps
Parsley
One red onion
Lemon
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Thinly slice the red onion and chop the parsley. Add a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Your salad is ready.

Soft boil the eggs for 3 to 4 minutes. Cut into quarters and split between the tortilla wraps. season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the salad and wrap your sandwiches.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Choclette said...

Yum, that gets my vote.

Unknown said...

Lovely to see your post! And yum, can you send me over one for lunch?
Okay, I think I can make it myself!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I also am obsessed with breakfast sandwich. This one looks a winner. Love the onions and parsley.

Maysaloon said...

Just woke up and your post made me hungry! I'm going to go boil some eggs now. But I haven't any parsley...

:)

Abufares said...

معًلم يا كانو... معًلم
Life is but an egg :-)

Victor E. Sasson said...

I have some wonderful, whole-grain tortillas for this great sandwich. Thanks.

Kano said...

Thank you very much for commenting everyone. I didn't think something as simple as an egg sandwich will draw your attention.

SHAKUEY201 said...

I always have to explain to non-Syrian Arabs what we refer to as kebab is.

Kano said...

@SHAKUEY201

Same here. By the way, Iraqis use the word kebab to refer to kebab.

Pity said...

what a lovely wrap, love it! cheers

Kano said...

@pity
Thanks for the nice words!

Post a Comment